Thursday, January 28, 2021
What to Do or Avoid Before and after Your Lip Filler Treatment
Receiving dermal fillers or fillers of other kinds can be intimidating at first. At Lip Fillers London, we make it our responsibility to educate our patients to help them make the best choice for their needs. We know that though this procedure is painless and nonsurgical. It can be intimidating to get a shot of Botox for a person that has never done it.
For this reason, we have arranged a guide that will help you through a filler treatment.
What To Do Before Getting Your Lip Fillers And Injection
The following instructions are essential to reduce bruising and swelling at the site of the injection. They will help you prepare adequately for the treatment.
A Week To The Lip Injection
- Do not use over the counter drugs and blood thinners like ibuprofen, aspirin, Motrin, and Aleve.
- Do not take supplements like ginseng, primrose oil, garlic, St John Wort, Gingko Biloba, and vitamin E
2 Days To The Injection
- Avoid Retin-A (Tretinoin), Retinoids, Retinol, Glycolic acid, and other tropical and antiaging products.
- Do not bleach, tweeze, wax, or apply hair removal products on the area that will be injected
- Take Arnica two days to the treatment. It can help reduce bruising
24 Hours To The Injection
- Avoid using alcoholic beverages 24 hours before the treatment.
- If you have once had cold sores on your face, there is a chance that puncturing wit a needle will cause another eruption of the sores. So, ensure you inform your physician before he starts.
- Avoid using dermal fillers if you are a pregnant woman or currently breastfeeding. You should also avoid using them if you suffer from neurological disorders or are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Also, ask us your questions about the treatment before we commence. You can also learn more from us about lip fillers by visiting our website.
The Day of The Injection
- On the day of the treatment, ensure you get to the office with your face well washed and without makeup.
- To make you comfortable with the process, your doctor may apply a topical anesthetic at the site. In some clinics, love languages the doctor may inject some local medications around the area to numb it.
What To Do After The Treatment
The First Hour After Getting The Fillers
- Tropically apply a pack of ice with Arnica to reduce bruising.
- Do not massage, itch, or pick around the site of the injection. The discomfort will go away within three days
How To Keep Swelling At Bay After The Injection
- Within 6 to 10 hours after treatment, do not apply intense heat (including sunbathing, hot tubs, tanning, etc.) to the area of treatments.
- Take an antihistamine (like Claritin or Zyrtec) during the day and Benadryl at night to reduce the swelling
- Massage the area if you notice a visible bump
How To Prevent Bruising After The Injection
- Do not drink alcohol or partake in strenuous exercise to avoid further bruising
- Eat fresh pineapple, apply ice on the area, or take Arnica or Bromelain to reduce bruising.
Run to us immediately if you notice
- Discolored blotches in the uninjected areas
- Blanching of the injected area
- The treated area becomes red or hot to touch
We have more than enough information to offer you on lip fillers and other cosmetic services. Contact us at Lip Fillers London for more.